Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropdown List for Crystal Input Parameter Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

omninews

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
I am using Crystal 8.0 . I have subreport needs to input month for a monthly summary. I would like to have a dropdown list with all the twelve months let the end user to pick.
When I design the report, I import a pick list of the months into the Default Value. When I preview the report, I could see the pick list and can pick any one. However, on the portal (using IE 5.5), when I refresh the same subreport (as a stand alone report), the prompt is only a text input box not a dropdown list.
My question is, how can I make the pick list available to the portal not only in the designer preview ?
Thank you for any input of you.

OmniNews

What viewer are you using in CE?

Change the viewer to an Active-X, and you'll get the familiar interface, right now you're probably using the default HTML.

-k

How do I check or set the viewer settings? I created the report by using Seagate Crystal Reports(8.0). I use the Internet Explorer 5.5 to view the report. The first time, it asked me to download a DLL. I could see in my machine that a folder called AciveXViewer and AciveXViewer.cab and other files under the folder. Thanks!

omninews

IE 5.5 can't view a Crystal report by itself, I think what you mean is that you're using Crystal Enterprise 8.0 (CE).

Hmmm, that does sound like the right viewer is installed, but check it. I think that you change it by clicking preferences from within CE 8, but I really can't recall.

I would also apply the monthly hotfixes, this may have been a corrected issue:

-k

I found some threads in the forum. But have not found any solutions. I only need the user get the same dropdown list through the IE browser.
I am uising Crystal Report8.0 to create the report. Then use the IIS with server extension (JavaScript or VBScript) to publish the report. I could see the dropdownlist on the server that has the Crystal Report software installed. Through the IIS on that server, the end user could view the report (*.rpt) by using IE ( I am using I.E 5.5) or Netscape. But the dropdown box turns into a text input box with only the default value prefilled.
Dose any body have any answer for that? It is possible or not with Crystal Reports8.0?
Thank you!

OmniNews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back