Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrifile

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
I have an excel workbook that has 2 worksheets. I would like to have a dropdown menu in worksheet A that has 2 different cells, one that selects a product from Worksheet B and then have the second cell in worksheet A auto populate with the price of the product selected. Can someone assist me in getting started on how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Paul

To create the drop down list, use Data>Validation. Because the list resides on a different sheet, you will need to name the range that the list of products is pulling from to be able to reference it within the Data Validation wizard.

To get a price for the product will depend on where the prices are held......if they are in the same sheet as the list of products then a vlookup formula will work for you

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Can anyone tell me how to reference the named range from a different worksheet?

I have managed to name the range on the different worksheet but cannot seem to reference it from the main...

Thanks in advance

Monkeyboy126,

Please post your question in a new thread.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back