Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop down list for a condition in a query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolineJ

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
SE
I have made a database over my company's investment projects. One of the fields in the investment project table is project manager. When the user registers a new project he or she can choose a project manager from a drop down list. The available project managers come from a table of project managers. I need to create a query that displays all projects for a specific project manager so in the condition box in the design mode of the query, I have written [Choose a project manager]. When you run the query, an inputbox is displayed and you can write the project manager's name in it, and IF you spell correctly, the projects of that project manager is displayed.

However I want the input box to be the same drop down list as I use for registering new project. I.e I want the inputbox [Choose a project manager] to be drop down list NOT a text box where you can write anything.

Does anybody know what to do?

Just to clarify:

Tjis is a parameter query and I just want the input box to be a drop down list instead of a text box

Just to clarify:

This is a parameter query and I just want the input box to be a drop down list instead of a text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back