Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down Event Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

chezealot9

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
Hey Guys, I have a drop down list in Visual Studio.Net, and when this selection changes I want to update fields on the page. Im having trouble catching that event. Basically I made a textbox to put the value I am capturing to test if I was grabbing it, and put the appropriate code in the DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged method, but no matter which value I select from the list the page refreshes and the first value in the list is in the textbox, what am I doing wrong here? How can I grab this value?

Thankyou very much for any help!!

Does the event actually fire? In other words, whereever you are trying to catch the even does it get to this code. And if it does may we see it so perhaps we can tell you what's going wrong.

Ken

Preciate the help guys, I wasn't double checking to make sure that it wasnt a postback operation so it was getting overwritten whenever the page reloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back