Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down Autocomplete 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

headguru

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
Hi,
I have multiple drop downs with quite a few hundred choices in them (customers, items etc). I need to find a way to get get to a certain list item quickly.
The user is not very happy that they type "s" and it goes to the start of the "S" but if they type "s" then "e" it goes to "S" then back up to the "E"s. The same goes for products especially if the first few char's are all the same and there are 700 of them.

Is there anyway to give them an autocomplete?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi,

I don't think it can be done in ASP dropdown list. The same function can be implemented in VB environment with Combo box. You can ask user to go to microsoft website to check their dropdown list there, they can't complete the explicit auto search either.

Ted

Great that link was exatcly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

That's really great function. It's really a excellent implementation for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back