Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driving animation...sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wb

Technical User
Mar 30, 2007
US
Hey everyone!

Anyway, I had a great idea for a movie, but my good spirit didn't last long, as I soon realized I was way too much of a newbie to implement it.

I wanted to ask all of you if you knew of any way to simulate driving a car down the road...ie, the scenery on the side of the road seems to go past you (think those old Fisher Price toy airplane things).

It doesn't matter at all if it ends up looking cheesy--in fact, I sort of want it to. So yeah...a way of doing it without ActionScript would be helpful, since I think it's Satan incarnate.

thanks in advance!

You call yourself a newbie, yet your name is written in l33t. hmmm.

Try using shape tweens. Motion tweens allow you to move an object, but a shape tween will allow you to resize it.

Kevin

I'm sure there may be a way of doing this with masking, kinda fake 3D.

If I get time today or sometime over the weekend I'll throw something together and post it up - see if it's what you want. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

make your car in the center of the stage. Then make your background. This is the trick. Make the background really horizonally long and just have it slowly scrool across the screen with a simple motion tween. You could also have the car move up and down or shake a little to make it look like a bumby road, ect. Also the wheels should rotate.

defkon2012

I was thinking more along the lines of the "camera" being behind the car and having it drive forward, rather than the car going sideways. But if all else fails, that would work too...

thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back