Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drivers for sata controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorel

MIS
Jun 15, 2004
I am having a dificulty finding a set of drivers for sata controllers for hard drivers thar are compatible with SCO 5.0.7
Can any one give me a hint as to were I can find these drivers? The SCO web site site has some but they do not cover all the diferent types.
Thanks
Joe

SATA support is very limited in SCO 5.0.X.
You will need to furnish more information (SATA Controller chipset and/or motherboard, etc). Don't get your hopes up too high, though.

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

It may be a SATA controller in a motherboard or a separated card. We do not have much control on what the client buys or what type of controller the manufacturer (HP, Dell)puts in the system.
This is the reason I need a place were I hope to find most if not all the drivers for the diferent type of controllers.
Dell won't support SCO UNIX and the drivers found on HP are usually for the new version of SCO 6 which we still not ready to upgrade to.
Thanks
Joe

SCO 6 which we still not ready to upgrade to
So, you're not ready to use actual hardware, I'm afraid ...

In the EFS 5.770a from the HP site is a disk with Btld's. It includes the lsil and hpsas. These are usefull for loading sco 5.07 on a Proliant G4 or G5 server which contains a sata controler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back