Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drivers for GXT135P on AIX4.3.3 on B50

Status
Not open for further replies.

coframi

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2006
FR
Hello,

i have to install AIX 4.3.3 on a B50 model (it was on 5.1 previously) with a Matrox GXT135P graphic card. this card is not recognise by install CD, so the server only start on serial console. I have found some update of the drivers on the IBM site (devices.pci.14103302.rte.4.3.3.4.bff) but i don't have the CD or diskette drivers, and the packages i have found are updates only, and it search for devices.pci.14103302.rte.4.3.3.0 initialy installed. i don't found it.
these drivers updates appear on fix level 10 and 11 of AIX 4.3.3

can somebody help me?

I think the GTX135P came out mid way through 4.3.3, so if you have early 4.3.3 CDs you may not have the base filesets and you can only download updates from IBM's web site.
If you have later AIX CDs try them for the base filesets, or have a look at the supplemental / expansion CDs to see if the filesets were added as an after thought.
I doubt you can even get a "Media Refresh" for 4.3.3 from IBM these days (even 5.1 is out of support now) but if you have a 4.3.3 support extension, try asking IBM for a set of 4.3.3 ML11 CDs, or ask your IBM business partner / reseller if they have a copy of the late 4.3.3 CDs they can let you have the base filesets from.
BTW why are you installing 4.3.3 when even 5.1 is no longer supported?
Are you sure the B50 even supports the ML you are trying to install?

thanks for your responses, i have to install AIX 4.3.3 because i have to install oracle 7.3.4 that only run on this AIX version.
I search in all my AIX CDs and i don't found them.
I will try to ask my reseller...

if someone have these filesets and can send me them by mail...

regards.

# cfgmgr
cfgmgr : 0514-621 AVERTISSEMENT : Les progiciels suivants, nécessaires à la prise en charge de l'unité, ne sont pas installés.
devices.pci.display
devices.pci.MTRX.G450
devices.pci.2b102505
devices.pci.14103302
devices.pci.pciclass.030000
devices.pci.display

For the GTX135P the fileset seems to be devices.pci.14103302, there are rte and X11 sets.
In IBM's fix central ( it seems devices.pci.14103302 was around from the start, it least 4.3.3 filesets from 4.3.3.1, so there must be a 4.3.3.0 which should on the 4.3.3 ML01 CD if not on the 4.3.3 ML00 CD.
Which ML level are your CDs that you are trying to install from? and do you have all the CDs? being a graphics card it may not be on the first CD.

The version of Oracle is even more out of date than the AIX version.

Good luck getting support if you need it.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

My reseller will send me AIX 4.3.3 ML11 CDs tomorow...
Today i only have AIX 4.3.3 ML0 !!!

Thanks to you DukeSSD.
I hope my problems will stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back