Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffS

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
GB
I have just upgraded an NT4 Server to Windows 2000 Server reasonably 'successfully'. However whenever the system is shut down, it crashes near the end of shutdown with the following:

***STOP: 0x0000009F(0x00000002,0x81714D60,0x8183B430,0x00000000)
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Has anyone come across such errors or have any suggestion for what the cause might be?

Thanks.

maybe if turn off power management things in the bios?

imho it has nothing to do on a server anyway

havent tried it, have never had that problem, and do not in any way encourage you to try it

I know there was an issue with this type of error regarding some Adaptec (Roxio) CD Burner software. Below are the first three entries I found in the Knowledge Base searching for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE:

Ther are many more, so that's where I would start.

Thanks guys, I've read the Knowledge Base stuff. Now I have a really dumb (dump?) question. I point Dr. Watson at the 256Mb memory.dmp file and it just sits there doing nothing. What have I done wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back