Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

driver not printing duplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowbk

Technical User
Nov 26, 2001
SG
i am using hp8000 laserjet pcl 6 (network printer) and i need some advice on the following:

1) this model should be able to print duplex, but somehow the option to print duplex is not reflected in "printing preferences". any suggestions on resolving that?

2) i tried downloading the driver, but still cannot print duplex. do you think it got something to do with driver, or could it be that the duplex option was deliberately shutted off by the administrator?

any kind souls pls advise

Hi there,

If you check under the configure tab in the driver properties (right click and go to properties on the printer icon, and you should see in there paper handling options). Click on duplexer installed and this should solve the problem.

i found the page you were referring to, but ALL the options are disabled.

Hi Lowbk,

If the option to add the duplexer is greyed out then this is because an administrator has to have the rights to unlock it, might be a good idea to speak to your IS dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back