Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

driver needed for dell gx110 win98se

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveImme

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2002
US
Dell GX 110 will not read a a Lexar jumpdrive. I tried downloading a few drivers to no avail. The OS is Win98SE.....

I also have a dell usb flash drive that would not work on this same box.

Stuff here doesn't work?

I had a 64mb lexar / 98se on a generic type system that I downloaded drivers for somewhere and it worked fine.

This is a site I have seen recommended in the past to help with usb related problems:

But I don't know what specifically to tell you to look for beyond the drivers.

Regards.
d

I just checked, found the jump drive in my briefcase and plugged it in and it installed and worked.

I checked the files on my system and they are that download from the Lexar site.

Thanks, I even tried that from the lexar website. However, what I did find that when the hdware is detected it says 'jumpdrive secure' and when I looked on lexars website, it shows that the jumpdrive secure is for w2k, so maybe that is why when I try to install the drivers for win98se, it just tells me that it doesn't find correct drivers.

In device manager, I've 'removed' that device, but still when I do a refresh it s looking for 'jumpdrive secure'...

Does anyone know how to remove it via regedit since there is no other way to UNinstall...

BTW, this is 1gb...too big for win98??

BestBuy site shows the 1gb working with win 98.

Do other usb devices work in the port(s) you are using for the drive?

Registry (backup first) don't know but one possibility if you are not using other lexar devices would be to search registry for lexar and delete occurrences.

The user uses a ccourt reporting software called Eclipse that requires a 'key' to work. The 'key' can be either a parallel port adapter or usb, and this user uses a usb key, so I know the usb ports are functioning, which is why this is 'ticking me off'!

I'm gonna back up the registry and zap all references to lexar....if worse comes to worse, I'dd format the dang thing and reload w2k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back