Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver for HP psc 1350

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfay415

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
Hello,

I have a remote user that is trying to use an HP psc 1350 all-in-one device to print from his published app. I am not able to find any driver that will work over Citrix for this printer and was wondering if anyone has a user that is using this printer and if so what driver are they using. I have tried the following drivers with no success (the print jobs come out with garbled characters):

DeskJet 400
DeskJet 895C
DeskJet 500
DeskJet 850C
DeskJet 695C
LaserJet 4
LaserJet Series II

I cannot find any information on this specific device and the drivers above were mentioned at one place or another as drivers people are using for other PSC style printers. Hp doesn't have a stand-alone driver for this device only the full device install package. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Server is Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Metaframe XP. User has Windows XP.

Thanks,

Pete

Sorry about the delay, I had trouble posting last time. Anyway, I contacted HP about this printer and citrix and here is their response:

"The PSC 1350 is not a PCL3 device and as you have discovered, does not work well (or at all) within a Citrix session. Mapping to other drivers will not help, as sending PCL3 commands to a LIDIL printer does not work. All of the HP 3000 series consumer deskjet products are LIDIL as are the 1000, 4000, and 5000 series All in One devices. If you want to use a simple print driver OUTSIDE of the Citrix session, you can map to the deskjet 3650."

Just because I'm stubborn, I tried the deskjet 3650 driver WITHIN a Citrix session and it to didn't work. I informed the user that he wouldn't be printing to his home printer from his Citrix session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back