Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver For a Printer HP2500C in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

meny21

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
MX
Hi!!!

Does anybody know where can I find a good driver for the printer HP2500C in XP?

Thanks!!!

MR

Did you try the Windows 2000 driver at the HP website?

Hi MR

Have being having the same problem as yourself, spoke to HP technical support today on the phone and they told me there is no XP driver and they are not intending to post one either. The 2000 driver does not work properly either. Was told by HP tech support to try the deskjet 550 driver which did not work. Don't know how I'm going to resolve this as we have several HP2500C printers at my work and we are in the process of rolling out XP machines. Works great with a W2K machine. Only option was to divert print to another printer. Hope this helps.

Dave

I have the solution to this problem you are having. First of all HP do not have a Xp 2500 print driver as you are aware. Use the deskjet 1220c driver and you will be able to print fine. I have been dealing with this problem for months now and this is the best solution until HP provides a driver.

Thanks for the tip will try this tomorrow

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back