Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver Failing to Load i8042prt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demtro

MIS
Jul 10, 2002
US
I am building up a Windows 2000 Server. I am using both a USB keyboard and a USB Mouse. The load is fine it boots everything works fine with the exception of one error. I get the following error "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt. it is error code 7026. I am almost positive it is related to the fact i am running a USB Keyboard instead of a PS2 keyboard. I am using a Biostar M7M1A motherboard with an Athalon Thunderbird 1.3 processor and 256meg, ddr 2100 ram. I enabled USB Keyboard support in the bios. but there is no place to disable PS2 keyboard support. Can somebody please help me with this. I can work fine but the error on boot is really annoying and i would prefer not to turn off alerts.

Thanks

Demtro

The i8042prt driver handles the keyboard and mouse port mouse (also known as a PS/2-compatible mouse) for the Intel 8042 controller. They are located under the following registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

I f you want more information BT THE ERROR YOU WILL GET THE INFORMATION AT THIS url

Here at this site they have given the full discription abt the errors.

Ple go through this i am ure you will get the solution for that

Drivers are loading but no ps2 keyboard is found, that's why you get the message.

Hey Thanks for all the responses. Aslamvs that document did help me. It showed me the registry key i had to delete to stop the driver from loading. Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back