Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2002
US
I just replaced a mirror disk. About 3 hours later, the server aborted partition remirroring and both volumes are out of sync. Error:

1.1.72 Aborted Remirroring of partition #2.
1.1.72 Aborted Remirroring of partition #1.

Any reason why this would happen?

I have checked the error logs. There is no indication of any other problems.

Did the mirroring start okay? Were you able to monitor the mirroring process by typing in "mirror status" at the console prompt? If so, what was the last percentage completed you are aware of?

Check Monitor/Disk Options to see if you have any redirected blocks to HotFix.

Please advise.

Good Luck.

Disk 0 was sychronized properly. I had replaced the mirror disk for Disk 1 (that being Disk 4). Upon initiating the "mirror status" command, Disk 0 was fully synchronized and Disk 1 was 8% finished. That was approximately 7:45PM and at 10:52PM the messages were logged in the system error log

Does it now show Disk 0 as mirrored and sychronized and Disk 1 as Not Mirrored? Does the Server still recognize the replacement drive?

How about available space on the replacement drive... is there a large enough NetWare Partition on the replacement disk to handle the mirroring of the other drive?

I'm assuming you didn't see any disk errors or deactivations in the log.

You may want to try another replacement drive.

Good Luck!

Both partitions are "not syncronized" as of right now. Partition #1 had no problems before. It was working just fine. I mirrored Partition #2 and that's when this problem started. The server recognizes all (4) drives properly.

Partition #1 consists of 2 Seagate Barracuda 4GB drives. And Partition #2 consists of 2 Seagate Barracuda 8GB drives. The partition size is setup just fine and there are no drive deactivations (not to mention there are no other error messages at all in any of the logs).

Replacing the drive will cost a few hundred dollars not to mention a few hours of work plus delay of additional 6-8 days. I am searching for any other possibilities before I replace the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back