Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive Mapping Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tseh

Programmer
Jan 13, 2000
CA
Visit site
We seem to be having a problem mapping to our server. When we try to map in network neighborhood, we get dialog box:<br><br>Connect as:<br>Password:<br><br>I ensured that the logon id for workstation is the same as the one on the server as specified in Domain user manager. None of the logon's work except for &quot;administrator&quot;<br><br>Need help...<br><br>Windows NT Server 4.0<br>Windows NT WS 4.0

Check the sharing properties for the shared directory on a server, specifically the Permissions (right-click on the directory, select Sharing, then Permissions) - which user IDs have shared access and what's the access level.<br><br>Regards!

when you log into the workstations, are you logging into the Servers' Domain?&nbsp;&nbsp;or the local computer?&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are logging into the local machine with the same user name as the domain, you will need to supply the domain credentials to access the domain's resources.<br>Hope this helps! <p> <br><a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Is the workstation actually logging on to the domain? Is this server part of that domain?<br><br>What permissions are set for this share?<br><br>It sounds as though the server is part of another non-trusting domain. If it is part of the same domain then I would guess the problem lies in the permissions for accessing this share.<br><br>Please provide a little more detail on the network layout. <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I think your drive on the server is shared as C$ and not C -create another share and set the permissions.<br><br>LabNinja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back