Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive keep going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2004
GB
Hi guys,

we're having an issue with one Adic - scalar 1000 drive, the issue is the drive is coming down every time we bring it up or used for backup, we had ADIC ingeneer to replace the drive and recycled the Aic box and the Snc interface without any result. we're just wondering if this is a netbackup issue or Solaris OS's, can anybody out there seen this before.

Plesae advise.

What type of tape drive?

How is the Library and Drive connected to the server?

Have you looked into the Logs on SUN?

The library is connected via SNC, Yes we did check the log - see below the error.

[ID 832037 daemon.error] scsi command failed, may be timeout, scsi_pkt.us_reason = 6

THIS ISSUE STILL OUTSTANDING, any ideas.

Thanks.

You could try deleteing the drive from the system and recreating it clean.

I dont think the drive is the problem, we just replace it, We though it is more to do with Netbackup connection to Adic Libray.
We've logged a call with symentec but no answer so far.
I take it this issue is not known among tek-tips community.
Thanks

If NetBackup is not happy with the drive for any reason then it will down it. This could be anything wrong with the drive even the fact that it is not the same as original drive. Which is why I say delete the details from NB and start fresh. You might want to do the same with the robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back