Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive is seeing in BIOS but not in windows, help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 22, 2003
PL
My drive was seeing properly and one day something hapen. In bios hd is seeing normal but later apeared sign: disk boot failure ...bla bla.

In fdisk drive is seeing but only like a drive. There isn.t information about partition's. In windows Xp drive is in device menager, but not in "my computer".

Whot should I do, please help me. Thanks

Normally would be fdisk and create, then format. But it is more likely the drive has quit spinning and can't read anything, so therefore no boot and no table.
If fdisk allows you to create a partition the drive is spinning.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Some application or disk corruption has deleted the partition from the disk. It that is the case, then there are applications that can restore broken partitions.

If you do not have critical data on this disk, I recommend to create new partition in XP SystemManager/Disk Manager and format it (time saver). Then check for errors.

On thise disk I had two partition, by program "File recovery" I am avaible to recower files from partition 2. Partition 1 is unavailable. In fdisk writ's me that hard drive is unavailable. In partition manager in Win XP can't see my broken harddrive.

What can I do?

(I know :) my english is terible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back