Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive disabled enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

day88

Technical User
Jul 14, 2001
SG
Guys,

I have four LTO drives but there one drives which a bit strange.

I always get "nsrd: \\.\Tape2 is now enabled read/write" in the daemon log.
When the backup started, it will set to enabled read/write and once the backup completed. the drive status will set to NO automatically.

It still working but just curious why is this so...

day88

And i am curious what NO means in this case. To which field does this apply?

BTW - there should also be meaages pointing out that the drive has been disabled. In which context do you find them?

Hi 605,

In the tape2 properties under General tab, there a "write enabled" selection box. everytime after the backup, it will set to NO even though i set it to YES.

In my daemon.log, i could not find any meassage saying the the tape is disabled. It only have the "nsrd: \\.\Tape2 is now enabled read/write".

This parameter does not apply to the device but to the media. Actually, this field should be an output field only.

The one for the device is "Enabled".

NetWorker sets a media to full and read-only if it can not recover from a write error. If you insert anoter media it will default back to read/write mode. This is what you see.

So i expect a media problem.

Strange but the backup went successful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back