Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drive a and b not switching sx2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhandleis

Technical User
Feb 24, 2011
US
I have to manually switch drives every day on a sx 2000 light.

I have check that the "act switch is on" has a 02:00:00 time.

Today before I could change drives I had a netsync error on drive A. After I switch drives the net sync error was not on drive B. Any help would be appreciated as I have not nor will I be trained on this dinosaur. We will be getting an 3300 switch once the budget allows.

What will happen to the system after doing this command on the active drive?

It will tell you whether the Activity Freeze is on. If so it will not switch. When you say changing drives do you mean doing an Activity Switch and how do you go about doing it ? Also if the Act Switch is programmed and switched on the system should give a valid reason in the Maintenance logs just before it switches to say it has aborted the switch and why. "Logs Read Ma new 100" should go back far enough, if not just change the number of logs you want to search through.

umm, Stop forcing things and make sure you have good backups and try and get you hands on some spare drives

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I type "act freeze stat" and received this message "ACTIVITY FREEZE turned off" what does that mean?

It means the activity freeze if off so the system should be able to switch planes. Again do the maintenance logs give any reason why the switch is not occurring?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back