Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drilling Not working on WEB....pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkher

Programmer
Jun 14, 2002
US
Hi,

When I run a report on Web and use drill options like
across/down/up....it gives error - 'Error while running report'.
The same report along with drill options runs fine in Agent .
I am using Mstr 6.0 . Does anyone know what could be the reason ?

Appreciate any help.Thanks-anu

As a starter, are all the appropriate drill settings Enabled (by default they are Disabled)? Look in Web Administrator, Functionality, Drilling... though I can't think why you'd get the "Error while running report" - sounds a bit spurious to me.

And if it isn't as obvious as that, remember Web is particularly sensitve to the 'right' ActiveX, MSTR service pack, ODBC, NT service pack, time of the month, etc...

The error I get while drilling is -

Error executing job with Microstrategy Server. Please notify Administrator.

The Error number : 30105.

Appreciate any reply .Thanks.

which points to an ODBC error - and it'll be database specific.

for example, if you're using Oracle, the error relates to the Parallel Query option.

So, get the DSSSrvEr.log and look for errors around the time you tried the drill. And confirm you have the certified ODBC driver for MSTR working correctly

Hi jonhoward,

Yes, I am using Oracle.
Can you pls let me know where can I locate this log file - DSSSrvEr.log.?
Also I have 2 users who connect to the web to see drilling. One user gets the error and other doesn't. The one who doesn't get the error is the metadata admin , so I tried to make the other user as admin but he still gets the error.

Thanks for your help..really appreciate it.

The DSSSrvEr.log is wherever your Administrator put it. It may not be running, since it uses up resource, so if that's the case, I would suggest getting your Admin to start it running, then you try and repeat your problem, then get the Admin to stop logging. You will get a clue in this file (hopefully)!

TN110901 might be the most appropriate for you - and, in a nutshell, it says turn Parallel Query option OFF and try the same scenario - so something for your DBAdmin to do.

Thanks jonhoward. I really appreciate your help. The problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back