Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DrillDownGroupLevel Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkai

Programmer
Jan 17, 2003
US
I am formatting fields differently depending on which level of drill down i am at. Example: when drilling down on the first set of data I put a Line above the subtotals.

Here's the problem...it works sometimes...not others....within the same report i have drill down levels that all the formatting works correctly and then the next level down (formulas should be correct, just add 1 to the drilldown level) nothing gets formatted...

any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

I have a similar problem. How do you tell Crystal what drill down level you are on. In other words, how can I tell it to do one thing on the first drill down (group footer 2) vs. the second drill down (group footer 3)?

Checkai,

Post your formula.

Agooddog,

Do you have v9? That is where these functions were introduced. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

No -- we are using v8.5. I was hoping someone knew of some kind of work around.

The thing is, on many reports it works fine.
I will put "if drilldowngrouplevel = 1 then crsingleline else crnoline" and within the same report this will work on drilldowngrouplevel 2. So it seems to be a QUIRKY function that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Dustin

So the same subtotal should appear at both levels.
It should have the line at level 1, and NOT have the line at level 2.

You are saying that sometimes it still has a line at level 2, or is it that the new field that first appears in level 2 doesn't have a line? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

checkai

Whenever I have used this function i usually set the format on my fields to the format i want to change to and then test for the drill down level and return a true or false

i.e. format your fields as single line and then use the formula

if DrilldownGroupLevel = 1 then 1 //1 = true

This way the single line format will only appear on the first drill down.

This seems to work fine.

although as far as i can see your method should work also.

HTH

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back