Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drilldown Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyash

Programmer
Aug 23, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a Cube that run on my development machine, with drilldown capability to impromptu reports. Now we are thinking abt publishing this cube to the Cognos Enterprise Server. In that situation, will I be able to still use the drilldown feature? Since we will be accessing the cube through the web client, how can i still provide the drilldown capability to impromptu reports? Do I have to rewrite everything as Impromptu Web Reports? I am totally blank at this point and I would really appreciate if u guys can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Pyash

All you'll need to do is publish your IMR to IWR. There's no conversion necessary. You'll have to ensure you're pointing correctly to the IWR server from PPES though.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Pyash, if you have a copy of the Cognos Powerplay Enterprise Server Guide, look in "Chapter 5: Provide Drill Through Access". There is a topic titled: "Drill Through to Impromptu Web Reports".

It lists all the steps you need to enable drill through from PPES to IWR.

Good luck!

Pyash,

You'll also have to point the IWR to an upfront newsbox (which has to be under the main tree) and get your security settings hooked up between Upfront - Access Manager and the Catalog for the drill through between the cube IWR report.

Go for it!

----------------------------------------
Another throw closer to a win ... ???
----------------------------------------

Impromptu Catalog upgrades (Citrix) How to do ?
Application development (.Net) in the ReportNet SDK environment How to use?

Thank you very much guys. I will give a try and let you guys know. :)

Thanks,
Pyash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back