Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drill thru reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2001
US
does anyone know how to pass multiple fields from a parent to a child report in impromptu. also how can you pass a filter where you want for example either a provider id or a customer id across.

what i really need to know is i want the filter passed to check if provider id is present OR check if customer id is present.

any help will be appreciated.

You should be able be able to use a prompt for both the provider id and the customer id. I could show via the web if you have Windows XP or Netmeeting or via WebEx if you interested.

Thanks. I am running 2000 Professional but maybe if you gave me your phone number i could call you and you could walk me through. I do appreciate the help. thanks

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but you can enter the following filter in your sub report (child):

column a = mainquery(column a) or
column a IN mainquery etc. etc.

When you start to build the filter, the main query folder appears in the left pain of the filter dialogue box. Select the column from your child report and then = the same column (or comparison column) from your main query (parent report).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Adam.

vijayleads - send me an email at stanrich@swbell.net and we can setup a time to walk you through this via NetMeeting.

Drill thru filters are ALWAYS equijoins (read as "ANDS"). YoOu cannot do an "OR", nor can you do a "LIKE". This can be a major nuisance. Unlike sub-reports you do not have the ability to futher enhance the filter by using calls to main query values.

Dave Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back