Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill-through in Excel sheet as Cognos output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish2201

Programmer
Sep 4, 2012
US
Hi Cognos Gurus,

Is there any way we can have drill-through in excel sheets? What I mean to say is the report output will be in excel format and each cell of the report will have hyperlinks to open detail reports in excel format again?

Thank you so much for the help !!!

Possibly, by using a table layout and adding URL's to individual table cells. But such a report does not contain any data other than coded URL's. What are you after anyhow?

Ties Blom

Thanks for your reply blom0344 !!!

What I want is the main Summary Report would have Aggregated values (lets say 100 as a value). Now if I click on 100, it should open a detail report is excel sheet with all the rows which makes it 100 meaning all the detail records of the 100.

Please let me know.

Thanks again !!!

Setting a drillthrough is a Cognos function. In Excel you would need VBA to accomplish this. The only way to call a report from an Excel cell is to generate the URL in the cell..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back