Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill Through IMR does not show data

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuniPR

Programmer
Mar 3, 2005
PR
Hi Guys!

Up until last tuesday, 8/16, when a user drilled through a level in my power cube it would open the report and show the data.

I changed some of the dimensions'properties in Transformer and assigned the Drill Through property to some of them. Once I did that, the IMR report does not open on the client computer once the drill through command has been invoked and a specific filter applied (for example, all the data for August 2005).

If I run the cube and drill through in the server, which has Impromptu Admin, it runs with no problems. But on the client computer, the drill through report (IMR) goes "Not Responding". And if you look in the task manager under processes, it will not show. But under applications will say twice Impromptu Not Responding.

I 've tried to solve this with Cognos directly. First we tried to figure out if it was the IMR. Now they are saying is the power cube. But I re-created the model in Transformer, recreated the cube, and still the same problem arises.

Do any of you guys have any clue? Has this ever happened to any of you? I have over 30 power cubes that I maintain and administer, and this is the only cube with that problem.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

Nunina [gorgeous]
Cognos BI Administrator
San Juan, PR

Ok, guys, here's an update:

It does shows data. It is taking forever! I drill through 33 records, and it took over an hour to present the data. If I run the same drill on the server, it takes 1 minute.

I'm thinking it could be a communications problem between the server and the client computer. Please let me know what you think or if any of you had experience the same problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Nunina [gorgeous]
Cognos BI Administrator
San Juan, PR

Guys, another update:

I don't think is a communications problem. I went straight in front of the server and drill through, and still the same response on the client computer (in this case, my laptop)... what do you think?

Thanks again.

Nunina [gorgeous]
Cognos BI Administrator
San Juan, PR

1. What type of security setting to you have on the catalog? Ie: Personal, Shared, Distributed, or Secured. Make sure the client computer has the right security setting.

2. Compare the enable drill filter by catalog and the enable drill filter by column in the Impromptu INI files’ on the client computer with the one on the server. They should both match each other. If they do not match the file on the client computer maybe corrupt. The INI file should be located at C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer3\bin. Make a copy of the INI file and rename it. Delete the old Impromptu INI (not the one you just rename). Open the report this will generate a new INI file.

3. If replacing the INI file does not fix the problem reinstalled the impromptu apps on the client computer.

4. If replacing the INI file does fix the problem copy the style and Startup Options from the rename INI file and place them in the new Impromptu file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back