Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dreamweaver text problem in netscape browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdrysdale

Technical User
Nov 23, 2000
GB
I've done my layout in freehand (text) and then I've saved it as html into dreamweaver into layers. After adding images the site works great in IE4+, but the text in netscape is getting squashed up and overlapping. I have layers set to prevent overlap I can't work it out. Can anyone help with this. I've tried converting to tables, this fixes the text but sends some of my buttons out of place. The text in question is set in layers to the right of images in layers. As you can probably tell I'm a bit inexperienced in HTML, so any help would be great.

Dweavers a bit touchy with netscape-have you tried the fix netscape option thats in the command menu(i think its in that menu anyway)
Other than that I have found that its hopeless at writing the code whe you have a frames based page-then want to use layers inside a frame-your not doing that are you?
If you are I suggest you do without the layers.

Thanks, I've just tried the fix netscape like you suggested, and that sorts one of the problems I was having with the text when the page is resized. Thanks again that's one headache sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back