Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver Templates - Editable regions to non-editable

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofx1728

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
US
I messed up bigtime on my template and accidentaly made a page editable that should not be. Is there a way to switch it back to non-editable? I still need that non-editable section to update all pages if I make a change on the template.

Thanks,

nofx1728

Sorry to reply.. but I really need to solve this issue. Can someone please help me with this. I need to make an editable region, non-editable, and still be able to make changes in the template and update it across all the pages.

Thanks,

nofx1728

Just make your changes to the template and then reapply to all pages

[Peace][Pipe]

I made changes to the template.. but its an editable region.. so it doesn't update the pages.

nofx1728

I am a bit confused then?
I still need that non-editable section to update all pages if I make a change on the template.
I made changes to the template.. but its an editable region.. so it doesn't update the pages.
Is it an editable region or an uneditable region? maybe post the page code here with a bit more explanation?

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Right now its an editable region. So I made the changes on the template, but since it's an editable region it doesn't affect any of the pages that the template is attached to. I tried doing Modify-Templates-Remove Template Markup, but when I do that it's neither an editable or a non-editable region, and it doesn't affect the pages attached to the template either.

Code:
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="bottomsidebar" -->
			  <div class="mediaupdate">
                <h2 class="sideheader">MEDIA NEWS</h2>
			    <p><a href="../aprilmedia.html">April Media News</a><br />
                <span class="date">April 15th, 2006</span></p>
                <hr class="dotsep" />
                <p><a href="../marchmedia.html">March Media News</a><br />
                <span class="date">March 15th, 2006</span></p></div>
	  <!-- TemplateEndEditable --></div>

I would just remove the 2 template begin and end lines and save the template should be okay then

[Peace][Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back