Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver Session Variable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

trampoline99

Programmer
Jan 20, 2007
GB
I have set up login
But the second page does not show and details
I have user Name and password authentication set correctly the user then once logged in gets redirected to a page with user details, i have followed 4 seperate tutorials on this but it does not work. Data base connections are OK.
I have other search and login progs working fine but this little so and so eludes me ???!!!
I think some how the user name which is used for a query somehow does not get passed on ??
How do I fix this it shoudl be so easy !!!

The problem is on line 42 of your code.

Seriously could you provide some code so we can see what you are doing?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

OK I am using Dreamweaver MX funny thing I found it, I was passing the user name as a variable (name of text field ls_user) I thought this was passed to the next page as a session variable but looking at the coding it is (the user name) is passed as variable MM-Username so using this as my variable it works ?? so it is kind of OK.
All the tutorials I saw (5) only one mentioned MM_username all the others used the field name of the username text field I must have got it wrong.
Any explainations welcome
Thanks.

stop using dreamweaver as your IDE or if you must continue just use it as a code editor. it is stopping you from understanding the underlying php principles.

start over, w/out dreamweaver and things will become clearer.

I agree completely with jpadie. IDEs tend to keep you from getting a deep understanding of how PHP works, and DreamWeaver is about the worst.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

I have to third Jpadie's, and Sleipnir's observations.

Using DW can become a crutch rather than a tool.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back