Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver layout table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailruner

Technical User
Apr 14, 2002
US
I have too much white space from the end of the layout cell to layout table. However the space does not show up in design view, only in the rendering. I have looked in the code view to see if there is something their I can not find
the reason for it.

Hiya
post the HTML in will you to we get a look? cheers

Hiya,
I am new to forums. Did you want me to put the entire HTML page in the post? Anyway, here is the site the page is dictionary. Jackieswebworks.com
Thank you for your insight.

I'm not sure if this is where your problem lies, but I noticed that you have a number of completely empty table cells within your code (they look like this:<td></td>) which are unnecessary. Make sure also that your ending table cell tag (</td>) is put on the same line as your content as this can add in extra space sometimes, ie:

<td>some content here</td>

rather than this:

<td>some content here
</td>

Julianne
Thank you, I also noticed that but, I guess I needed someone else to point that out.

wverner
Yes, the dictionary page at the bottom goes on forever almost :) except in design view. thanx

Hi - I think you mean you want to move the line with the telephone # up a shade,well if you view source near the bottom of the page you will see this <td height=&quot;152&quot;></td>
just change the 152 to 20 or whatever and it will move up, hope that was what you were after..okeddy

woops! Sorry it was the DICTIONARY page,ok about halfway down the source you will see this
<td height=&quot;2491&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#36A3A3&quot;>

change 2491 to 2230 and that should do the trick

okeddy

OKeddy
Well I gave that a try too. Sooooo what I did is redo the entire page using the info I received off this thread. I realized I need to actually learn more on table layout and cells. the problem has to do with the way I am using layout I think. I appreciated all the help. thanx
[ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back