Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver Layer Location Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoOnMaGiC

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
For my site I created with Dreamweaver I used layers but the layers position changes when the screen resolution changes... what do i do about this? How do I get a LOCKED layer? Also I'm trying to use Korean font on my site and it won't come out right when i preview it in a browser.. what do I do about this problem?

Use % for your layer width(and heights in some cases.) and also for your left position. Layers will expand out. Good idea it to keep the layers centre so everything stays in the midle when the suer goes up a resolution.

To do this, in the property manger, change the layer width to a%, then set the left value to 100%-layer %.

eg. Layer width = 80%, left value = 10%

This will make your layers expand to fit a high res screen, and centre them as well.

Hello LoOnMaGiC!

Nippi suggested using %, but as I understood you want to "lock" your layers so I would use pixels.

About Korean font - I've never ever used it before (I don't speak/read Korean but I've been in Korea 5 times). Try to explain what kind of problems you experience working with Korean fonts.

Good Luck!

My advice came from trying to guess what was happening. If you build a site using pixels for layer width in 800 x 600 size, then view it in high res, the layers will appear to have "moved" over to the left. The will in fact, be in exactly the same position, just taking up less space and not filling out the right hand side of the screen.

This is what I reckoned was the problem. Using % will not keep a layer in the exact same position in all resolutions, but it will keep you layers proportionally spaced.

LoOn? Can you be more specific?

Has anyone used the Snap layers extension that tsp1lrk suggested? I downloaded it, but am unable to get it to work in Dreamweaver. It appears in my extension manager, but not in my behaviors panel, where it is supposed to appear. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I can't seem to find a project7 folder, although the extension does appear in my extension manager. I ran a search on my macromedia folder, and still no luck.

(Sorry it took me so long to check on this).

windows
behaviours
hit the + button

STUDIOV11, not project 7 .... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back