Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver interface irritating

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickchapman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2001
US
I'd just to ask some other people if the find the Dreamweaver interface annoying. There are several things I find very crude.

When you create a link in a page, you must type in the http:// in the object box. Programs like FP, HotMetal, etc. do this for you.

When you are editing a page, you can't jump to a link within a page, as far as I can tell.

In the site view, you can't drag and drop a page to create a new page a la NetObjects

Help is a mess. Using HTML files for your help system is slow and the index system is a joke.

There is a huge bug in Dreaweaver 4.0 that causes editing to begin to slow when a page hits 40K; by the time the page is up to 100K it's uneditable.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas?

rick

Hi, There's an easy way to link to a pg within Dreamweaver. Simply select the link in your document and choose Modify-Open Linked Page... Hope that helps some.

<<<Hi, There's an easy way to link to a pg within Dreamweaver. Simply select the link in your document and choose Modify-Open Linked Page... Hope that helps some.>>>

Hi, Flasher. Nope, tried that. Won't work with an link within a page.

rick

Dreaweaver beats GoLive again. When MX is out there will be no comparison - Macromedia will be light years ahead.

It looks like the Flash/Dreamweaver/Fireworks MX package is going to be killer. Now if they could just get Freehand to catch up to Illustrator.

Peace
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back