Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver Forgets Password 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanknu

Programmer
Apr 23, 2006
US
Hey, I'm tearing my hair out on this one. Every time I close Dreamweaver 8 and then open it up again, my sites (not FTP or RDS server sites) don't seem to have usernames and passwords. YES, I tried deleteing my config folder and YES I tried reinstalling and YES I tried reimporting all my site and YES I do have "Save Password" checked. I can't figure out why, but DW won't even ask me for it when I try to put I have to go into manage sites to input a password that will be forgotten the next time I close. If anybody knows how to fix this, please help me.

It does indeed appear (in my case) to be linked to IE 7. Getting the release version of IE 7 via windows update seems to have cleared up my problem totally for now (version 8.0, not 8.0.2) and it seems to be working fine.

It's DW update...link above.

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

I came to this forum via google since I had the same problem after a fresh reinstall of Dreamweaver. I installed the 8.02 patch and things are fine now.

I have reinstalled DW about 6 times over the past year trying to shake out annoying bugs like this one, and have installed the patch each time. This last time, however, was different, as it asked me to insert the DW CD. That was the first time it had ever asked, and I think that is why it worked this time and not the others.

I just mention this since maybe I'm not the only one who has not been asked for a CD during the patch install.

Hope this helps somebody.
DC

Okay, so i'm just registered here and everything, but here is some information for all of you, and a process to fixing Dreamweavers Buggy Information Loss, EVEN if you have installed the 8.0.2 patch, you should follow these steps.

1. Download The Patch Via - Updaters

2. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!
3. After Reboot has finished DO NOT START DREAMWEAVER
4. Start the patch up, If it asks you for the CD go to the adobe site, and download the DREAMWEAVER trial.Trial Download

5. After product Update is finished, Run dreamweaver it will give you the same error as before, this time, edit your settings and put the username/password in, and then after it has saved, and successfully connected to the server, Close dreamweaver down, and [as a suggestion] reboot, the reboot isn't necissary but it can help the system a bit, then after you have completed that, Start Typing away in Dreamweaver again.

This method has worked on My Dreamweaver (which was in fact, 8.0.2 already) and on my Friends Dreamweaver as well, Me and him both use DW8.

As far as people saying its relivent to IE7 Yes/No IE7 does something weird to the Registry Keys and Saved Functionality of the My Documents folder... After i installed IE7 i noticed that my folders kept being reset. but my friends PC doesn't have IE7 on it, and it had the same problem, This method works for both Errors.

Handy info, blasterjr.

Steam Engine Prints

Thanks guys, like i said i had just joined, the method i gave has worked 100% every time i've used it, i fixed my teachers Dreamweaver (which was MX having same problem) with Similar solution, But yeah, you're all welcome guys, i hate having problems and i usually rely on others to get mine fixed, so i decided i would share my knowledge with the people here considering it has been of great success for me, and i just think that helping people is fun, although some things can be daunting.... anyways, have fun everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back