Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dreamweaver coldfusion connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemetson

Technical User
Apr 20, 2005
GB
hi,
I am using dreamweaver mx 2004 with coldfusion developers edition as well as an access 97 database.

I set up a recordset and define a dynamic text field within my coldfusion page but when i come to preview the page by pressing f12 i get a coldfusion error message page that states that it can't find my .cfm page.

when i go out of dreamweaver and view my page through internet explorer from outsite dreamweaver my page is displayed but the coldfusion query is listed in the top left hand of the page, even though when i look at the code the text is outside the <body> tags. as well as this a second query is visible inside the text field that i have defined to be dynamic and connected to access!

i know a bit about database linking and i have followed the proceedure to the best of my haphazard ability but don't know why i cant get the page to do what i want

please help
kind regards
mike

all of the colfusion services with the control panal under administrative tools are listed as started

however, under the site manager within dreamweaver is doesn't state... " coldfusion has been detected on your system"... and i noticed in the tutorial that i have, that is what is displayed when selecting if u want to use server technology

is that any help?

no idea. I don't use any of this DW auto stuff at all.

are you trying to open the page from the server ?

and have you tried a simple "hello world" test
<cfset test="Hello World">
<cfoutput>#test#</cfoutput>

BTW I know enough coldfusion to be dangerous.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back