Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver behaviors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr2277

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Does anybody know how this page was done?

I am trying to do something similar. I want to mouseover an image and have it swap but also trigger another larger image on the same page. Thanks.

Mostly with JavaScript combined with a little CSS. It's all right there on the page (or in the linked stylesheet and js files).

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Thanks anyway but that doesn't help - I know the little star going to red must be a "swap image" but I can't find the command to trigger the corresponding larger image. I don't have the original Dreamweaver files for that site to take it apart and see what they did. I am trying to do something similar with a site I am working on and have checked my reference books but can't find the proper language to describe the action. I need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Use can use layers, together with behaviors, ie. hide/show layers.
For a simple example go to:
Once there, mouse over the "Scholorship" button on the left. The yellow box that appears containing the blue text is in a layer which is hidden until the onMouseOver event triggers the behavior to show it. The layer could just as well contain an image. You can also stack the layers to get the look as on the site you mention.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back