Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver 4.0 - Netscape 4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

anawim

MIS
Feb 2, 2002
US
Hello,

I am testing my site in different browsers to see if they are viewing OK. The site was developed using Dreamweaver 4.0 and Fireworks 4.0. When I tested my site in Netscape 4.7, my index page is not viewing with my graphics (created in Fireworks 4.0). What I see is little boxes without the picture. I have several other websites on-line using Dreamweaver/Fireworks 3.0 and they work fine in Netscape 4.7. The weird thing is that only my index page is not viewing correctly, the other pages with graphics in the same site are viewable. I know that there is a problem with layers and Dreamweaver, so I removed the layer and I still am unable to view my index page with the grapics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

and it's ok in other browsers?

It would be better to post a link to it or the source itself. Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

hi anawim,

well I haven't worked on fireworks but here are some tips that could prevent the pictures from not showing:
- do you see the pictures offline?
- did u check that the pictures are jpg or gif format?
- did you check that the jpg are RGB not CMYK
- look well in the source code and try to see if there's a capital word in the extension. sometimes you insert an image with .jpg and you type it on dreamweaver .JPG ....this could cause the picture to not show up in some browsers.

Hope I could Assist you in your issue, if you find this is not helping please give me the link of the page and I'll take a look at it.

ChouCh,

Yes, I can see the pictures off-line. In Fireworks one can save many graphics as one big gif. I saved the file as a GIF Websnap 128. I will try what you suggested. I am also going to compare the script of my websites that were created in Fireworks 3.0/Dreamweaver 3.0. I never had problems with Netscape in the past. The problem only developed when I upgraded to 4.0. Thank you for your suggestions!

You definitely uploaded the graphics into the same file structure as locally/ Live long and make your kids suffer..

Its nothing to do with dreamweaver 4 vs 3.

I'm betting you have somehow got a combination of some tables with absolute widths and some with % widths. Posibley the same with your image sizes... or

Somehow the way you have cut up your iamge in fireworks you have created some rows with less cells than the other rows in a table.

find a "working with tables and images in netscape" tutorial on the net. I hate netscape, but don't even bother previewing a web page in ie till it works in netscape. ALways a pain but if it works in nS invariably works in IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back