Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing paths! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

numberseven

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
EU
I know i'm probably being thick, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to close a path with a bezier curve without it affecting the first point in the path. I'm simply trying to trace around an object but when I try and make my final curve by clicking to close the path, dragging the curve out, it reforms the first curve of the path which I don't want to change! Forgive me please, but i'm used to working in Illustrator. I'm using Freehand 10 on a G4 OS 9.1. Appreciate any help

Mabe u can try clicking on a point that is closer to the first point and not on the first point itself? but then, wats the point of u drawing the path if u dun intend to close it? just for the line?

The strategy is to make the first point into a corner point in the object editor. You should be able to view the point's type as you make it by having the object editor window open during the process.

If that doesn't work, don't use the last point close feature, just click somewhere nearby but to the right and above the first point. Then highlight both of the end points, make sure they are defined as corner points in the object editor. Use the align button to align the last point with the first point (align bottoms and align lefts) then hit join -cntrl-J or check the close box in the object editor. If the program doesn't automatically make the two points into one you can delete the last point it safely bacause they are now both corner points. (The last point should have ended up on top of the first during the align step so it would be the first of the two selected when you click on it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back