Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing characters perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
AU
i really like this website illustration... can adobe photoshop produce something like tat?
rite now i'm learning drawing with my mouse without scanning drawings and tracing it out... any one ve any ideas any websites provide tips for this kind of illustration?
take a look at this:

Regards,
Yen ~~I live to die and Die to Live~~

Yes, Photoshop could do this with the pen tool but it is more likely that this art was created in Illustrator - - with it's better path toolset.

I agree. Those images have Illustrator written all over them.

You could also just email Jason Brooks and ask him what he used. Who knows, he may be forthcoming. A shy bairn gets nowt.

If you read the 'About Jason Brooks' link, he confirms that he uses both Illustrator and Photoshop.

The other respondents are correct. Illustrations such as Brooks' are easily produced in either Illustrator or Freehand (personally I prefer Freehand). However, because vector drawings have such sharp definition from foreground to background, I will often draw in Freehand, and once my illustration is close to where I want it, I convert it to an eps file and open it in Photoshop. The vector art gets rasterized and then I'll use the airbrush or smudge tools to soften some of the elements, such as clouds or water. Using the two programs together will give you a decidedly interesting approach.

All good and informative posts, one can definately see "Illustrator fingerprints" as this is the type of work it was designed for.

If you're not familiar with "bezier tools" they could have been used for much of what you see at the site to mentioned.

Search the web for bezier tutorials and see how they can be used "standalone drawing" or for "tracing" etc.

Beziers are hard to learn (well they were for me), much practice required, but once conquered they are super drawing tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back