Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw Custom Line option ... changing via a parameter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlgomerski

Programmer
Jan 20, 2001
AU
Hi,

I've found the "Draw Custom Line at' option in Charts however I want to programmatically pass in a value (via a parameter) rather than entering a value manually. Any ideas? I'm also calling the crystal from a VB6 app.

Also, if there's a way of formatting this line differently to the other Major gridlines that would be helpful too.

Ta!

It has been a while but I have done this by not using the "custom line" property but by writing a formula like:

WhileReadingRecords; 95

And then plotting that formula in the chart to create the line. This works in some cases but if your other values are Bars you may have to change the Series Options for this formula from BAR to LINE. Then your app can pass the formula, or pass a parameter that feeds the formula.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thanks Ken, I've pretty much done what you suggested, including the value in my data source and changing it from a bar to a line in the graphed results...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back