Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw 8 clipart into Draw 11 problem addition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserBill

Technical User
Nov 28, 2003
US
My previous posting could use some clarification, this morning I tried the clipart disk in the computer that I run the laser engraver with, and it worked fine. that computer is using Windows 98 as an OS, the other 2 computers are XP. I'm sure that is an important distinction, I just don't know what to do with it.

Your problem does point to the os. V8 was pre XP and I know of at least one problems related to print was there, for what its worth V12, for me was a good upgrade - maybe now is the time for you.
Alan

Brushman, thanks for the tip and I might try to see if I can use the "windows 2000" trick to get this stuff to inport. One problem that I have is that the driver for my laser engraver was originally written for 3.1, and I have re-written it several times to use 95 and 98, but it won't worh in XP at all, and I need to be able to work on the drawings at different locations. The V 11 stuff moves across platforms OK, I'm just concerned that 12 might not. Also I have heard that 12 was unstable, and since I suffered through V10 crashes I am trying to avoid unstable stuff as best I can. Thanks

V12 is fine here (make sure you patch the application and the eps filter)be aware that it will not work on 98.
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back