Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dragging movie clips????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopper

Technical User
Jun 20, 2000
US
I'm trying to drag and drop movie clips (interactive)  in a swf..  I tried several different ways but the mouse will not grab the movie clip.  I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out.  Please help thanks.

create a button (clear hit) within the movie clip, then on the actions tab, go to drag movie clip and type <br><br>'on press' '_level0/yourtargetname'<br><br>'on release' 'stop drrag'<br><br>f

First of all you need to make sure that you are naming your instance. Double click the movie clip to open the Properties. Now in the Definition tab, enter an INSTANCE NAME (for example DRAGMOVIE). This name identifies the instance in the timeline.<br><br>If you don't have already a button in your movie clip, create one. Right Click on the movie clip and select EDIT (IN PLACE if you want), now you are inside the movie. Now, this depends on what you are doing but you can create a button in a new layer, you can change the alpha to make it transparent (make sure you edit the button and add the HIT frame so people won't see the button but they can click on it) or you can make a regular button.<br><br>Once you have the button, double click on it and in the Properties / Actions, add a DRAG MOVIE CLIP action. In the target write / and the movie clip's name (/DRAGMOVIE). You can constrain the dragging to the dimensions of the movie or just skip it. You can also drag the object grabbing it with the mouse always in the middle of the movie clip. Now select the ON RELEASE line in the left box and you will see the options in the right, uncheck Release, check Press. Anyways, your actions look like:<br><br>On (Press)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Start Drag (&quot;/DRAGMOVIE&quot;[,...])<br>End On<br><br>Now select the End On line and ADD a new DRAG MOVIE CLIP action, this time just select the bottom option, STOP DRAG OPERATION.<br><br>That is it, you are all set. Your actions look like this:<br><br>On (Press)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Start Drag (&quot;/DRAGMOVIE&quot;,[...])<br>End On<br>On (Release)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Stop Drag<br>End On<br><br>Good luck my friend.<br>&nbsp; <p>Fernando Regueiro<br><a href=mailto:ferhelping@yahoo.com>ferhelping@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back