Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drag & Drop.Object does not support this property or method

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan1

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
ES
I want to add drag and drop between two forms on my db. I thought I would run through Microsoft Knowledge-233274 using the sample db Northwind as practice. I have followed every step but when I come to try drag & drop on the example, I keep getting the message 'Object does not support this property or method. I have checked & rechecked a 100 times and still the same result. Can anybody shed any light on this problem.

Any chance you post relevant snippets of your code and say which line is highlighted when in debug mode ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

PHV
Code is exactly as Knowledge Base Question 233274. There were a couple of syntax errors on the code when I first ran it but now there is nothing highlighted. Any indication of where to even look would be appreciated.

I had the same problem. Turned out that I did not reference the correct libraries. Maybe look what libraries they referenced in Northwind and see if you are selecting the same ones.

rjurgens

Could you possible explain which libraries I should be selecting? Thanks

I changed one error I found and in debug I am now getting
highlighted

If (DragCtrl.Employees <> DropCtrl.Orders) Or _
(DragFrm.nWind <> DropFrm.nWind) Then

I can´t see what is wrong.

The ones that are used on the drop and drag in northwind are:
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library
Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library

I was missing 2 of them when I did it in my own database. Once I selected them, my code worked. I had to re-do the code after I selected them, because I made modifications thinking the code was wrong.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies but I still have been unable to find why Microsoft example does not appear to work in their sample db. Obviously I am doing something wrong. But what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back