Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drag co-ordinates

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgreymare

Technical User
May 14, 2002
CA
Hi there

I've made a horizontally scrolling menu. When you click on the buttons, MCs load into an empty MC. There are other buttons inside those MC. I would like to define a mouse sensitive area for the menu, so that when you interact with the other MCs, the menu isn't rolling around up above: it's distracting. You can see what I mean here Is there any way to deal with this besides separating it from the main body?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
ogm

i think you could make an invisible MC (a rectangle) in a layer behind the menu and make the scrolling depending on a hittest related to this rectangle. if the mouse is not over the menu, the scrolling element would just stop where it is and jump to the mouseposition again when you go over the menu. that's how i'd try to solve that. regards

Firegambler

Thanks FG

I'm going to try it out today. I've also tried making the menu a separate MC and putting it at the top, but then I can't get it to scroll at all.

ogm

i think you could make it with a seperate mc too. you could use _root.xmouse to get the info what the mouse position is...

anyway i'd love to know whether it works now, the link above doesn't work any more :-| regards

Firegambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back