Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drag and drop prompting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatum

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
US
We have had some issues with people dragging folder to places they shouldnt be. I was looking at the security zones under internet explorer and noticed a "drag and drop or copy and paste" setting that could be set to enable, disable, or prompt. I would like to set this to prompt for intranet zones but it does not work when I set it in XP. I have tried on 2000 machines and it does work. Does anyone know why this setting doesnt work in XP?

Thanks

tatum

A bit of information concerning Drag and Drop is in these articles.

Is there any setting for Internet Explorer in Group Policy, that you could use, or are using, which is related to your problem?

How to help protect against the Internet Explorer Click and Scroll security issue

After you install security update 867282 that is included with Security Bulletin MS05-014, Internet Explorer crashes when you copy images from Web sites that use the <input type=image> tag

I have the security settings in the zones but it does seem to change anything. I tried the same thing in 2000 and a message appears asking if want to copy files in this zone. I dont get anything doing the same thing in XP

anyone have any ideas?

Sure. Have you looked at this webpage?

and

I've done this on a large scale for a bunch of 2000 servers (government type work). The biggest problem is that you'll no longer be able to map drives and copy and paste with some of these settings. The other issue is that these settings are per user. If you wanted to do a logon script, you'll need to do so via the HKCU settings....

Were the Local Intranet Sites actually added to the list of sites in the Local Intranet zone (via the extra Advanced tab)?

Linney,
No, the Intranet Sites were not added. I had either some scripting issues on that one, or the sites weren't applying the intranet "sites" tab. I haven't had time to look into it more....

I tried adding the site to the Intranet site but it still would prompt me when I tried to copy a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back