Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drag and Drop not working in Powerplay Web 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwb1077a

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
I am having a problem with Upfront Powerplay Web drag and drop. For some reason, the functionality quit working. We can no longer drag and drop dimensions. Does anyone have any idea of what could have happened here?

Thank You

yup, it'll probably be a Microsoft update on the server. See thread401-936242 for a discussion. Upgrade required if so.

soi la, soi carré

That appears to be it. Looked at the recent patches applied to the PCs and found patch MS04-040, which is a cumulative patch including MS04-038. Uninstalled it from one machine and drag and drop worked again.

If you absolutely require this patch, you can upgrade to version 7.3 of PowerPlay as the loss of functionality only affects version 7.1.

With a recent patch we had this drag'n'drop problem too, but with version 7.3!

It had something to do with DHTML code being executed on an unknown, untrusted or insecure server/site. Adding the webserver/site to the list of trusted sites (internet explorer --> extra - internet options - security) the problem was solved!

Just to let you know...

Lysen,

Could you tell us what KB update Microsoft Patch this was?

I think it's this one (I don't remember the exact date the drag'n'drop ceased working..):

KB834707

It has something to do with an unknown source being able to execute malicious code on any xp machine with IE.

If I understand it correctly this includes the executing of DHTML commands (which the drag and drop is)...

But maybe the webserver running the cognos application wasn't installed correctly? I don't know! :)

but after applying the tip in my other post, it worked again, so I was happy :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back