Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DR5 Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowjonestt

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
Stumbled on an old install that is working just fine but has DR5. The cabinet door says Meridian.

What advantages are there to a software upgrade if that is possible.

The client may want Caller ID that will appear on the sets before they answer. I know some of the older version only appeared on one extension usually the reception.

What advantages are there to upgrading this software for the client?

DR5 IS ALL YOU GET, YOU HAVE TO GO TO A NEW TYPE OF NORSTAR CALLED A ICS IF YOU WANT UPGRADE, ALSO CLID REQUIRES CLID TRUNK CARDS ON THAT DR5

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

On that control unit there is no place to insert a CLID card as far as I can tell.

Thats why you need a new KSU

Sounds like you have an 8X24 or 6X16 both discontinued a while ago.

Other then replacing KSU with new software you could get an M8 or C6 module or possibly a 12X0, Exp card and a CII card.
One set gets call ID right away while the others would have to press F811 or program a keey for it.

if your system has a 12x0 trunk module attached to it then you could install CI cards into that versus a M8 which are way over priced...

Good advice on getting a new KSU. If the system is an 8x24 or a 6 16 remember all good things come to an end. (Good but not made to go forever) If you like your customer, dollar wise they would be happier with the new as at least up north here the c6 is almost worth as much as a cics. Not to mention all the neat new things you can do with 7.1. Just seemed like a lot to get and do for CI.
Good luck / good sales

Hunt Groups, Distinctive Ring, IATA on CICS, PRI on MICS, Call Pilot compatible (and all the cool stuff you can do with that), off the top of my head. Please feel free to add...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back