Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DR4 to XC 7.1 too big of a jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael OConnor

Programmer
Sep 26, 2017
US
Was DR4 to XC 7.1 too big of a jump?

It's just a winkin and a blinkin.

Anyone know what the next hop is from DR4? I have a bunch of 7316e's and they need at least 6.1 to work properly.

Can I go from DR4 to 6.1 or is there another version in between?

Thanks!!!

Mike

Thanks all for writing.

I've been doing this since 1985 and I just learned a new trick. Do a STARTUP + PASSWORD and when you get to applying template, you can do this one thing and you're flying! Now I'm up and running where I want to be... with XC too. Not worried about default programming as this is a fresh install.

Great stuff!

Thanks all for writing!!!

Best,
Mike

Not worried about default programming as this is a fresh install."
When you speak of jumps and hops we then assume it is a live system.
Best to note those important details up front or we could have mentioned that tip right away.

Glad it's sorted!

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Sorry... The MICS I had was in-stock with v7.1, but I was having trouble with another install, so I swapped the software with the older install, which was DR4. This was a fresh install, but I forgot that the MICS had the older software. The trick I learned saved the day and I'm up and running on v7.1 and all of the 7316e's work fine. I've got my Call Pilot 150 up and running on the network, so everything is falling into place. Now I can concentrate on the nightmare wiring... LOL

Thanks all.

Best,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back