Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dr. Watson with Oracle8i Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

taco53

Technical User
Oct 19, 2000
US
I am trying to install the Oracle8i client on an NT 4.0 workstation. During the installation I receive a Dr. Watson with the syntax "The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 4/12/2001 @ 10:52:56.453 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7801425c (Strftime)" The error is referring to ORAINST.EXE. This also happens during the uninstall. Thanks for any advice.

Your error is very similar to the one I had when I was doing Y2K testing, and used the non-Y2K compliant installer. I don't think that's your problem, though. I believe all versions of the 8i installer are Y2K compliant.

I see that Oracle has issued an alert about problems installing 8i on Pentium 4 computers. Is that the chip on your machine?

You may have an older version already installed. Create a new folder and install into that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back