Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dr.Watson on AWS_DSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlh

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2001
DK
Hi

I have a big problem, i keep getting a Dr.Watson on AWS_DSM process in my TNG setup. This runs on Win NT 4.0 SP6A Server and TNG is 2.4 patcht until the 30/3-2001. SQL derver is 7 with SP3.

Do anny one know of this problem.??

Yes. I am currently experiencing the same Dr. Watson errors. With the same version levels except SQL SP2.

I am assuming that you just start the service again and everything continues to work from that point on.

Yes. I am currently experiencing the same Dr. Watson errors. With the same version levels except SQL SP2.

I am assuming that you just start the service again and everything continues to work from that point on.

Hello,
This is normal behaviour.
When you get this error, issue 'awservices stop' command, and after 'resetdsm'. Restart the server and the service should work correctly until the next watson.

Cheers,

Ondra

As a first step Disable Dr.Watson !!!!!!! This will probably solve your problem ...

The problem with Dr.Watson is that it halt's all other processes !

if the restart of awservices does not help you might will have to consider resetdsm and clean_sadmin.
hope this helps Rahul Arora
----------------------------------
What to do we are like this only.
----------------------------------

I would also check out your IPFLT.DAT file. This may sound crazy and it is !! Answer the following questions

1) Do you have comments in the IPFILT file after the IP address of the systems you are monitoring. eg

192.168.0.1 # MYSERVER # No routable address/MS recommend

The problem with the above is the bit that starts No routable addres. If you either take this out, or put a dash (-) between the words you more than likely WONT get the doctor watson! Also try removing the forward slash (also any back slash). Y

2) You may want to try just one IP address in the ipflt file. If the aws_dsm stays up then try adding the other ip address in blocks to try and narrow down where the problem IP address or comment is.

Hope this helps

Hi

Try to apply QO07030 and QO07031.
These patches helped me.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back