Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dr Watson Exception Error Excel.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgelost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2000
US
Help with Access Violation (0xc0000005),Address: 0x30107369

What are you doing in Excel when the error occurs?<br><br>There could be a number of reasons, but more detail is needed to understand what is happening.<br><br> <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have users who also experience this. The workbook has 21 sheets at the bottom, each page has three pie charts (black and white). The user was trying to highlight the text next one of the pieces of the pie chart to change it to bold. They then received this error, rebooted, received it again. They then worked in Word for 1 hour and went back into excel and were able to complete the task. This is a recurring issue that I need to resolve for this department because they have critical deadlines. The users have compaq 733's w/128 ram running NT4.0 and office 97. Could the size of the document have anything to do with it?

Are you running Office 97 SP2? If not, try installing it? -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, they are running Office 97 w/ SP2. I've read on Microsofts website that Excel uses it's own &quot;virtual memory&quot; regardless of how much RAM you have or what your pagefile size is. I think that may be the cause of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back